Sunday 13 November 2011

Ode Jokes


I had just a few things that didn’t really fit into any of the posts about Ode, but I still wanted to share them. Here they are:
After our first date (remember I said that Ode gave good compliments the whole time, without being creepy) he texted me the day afterward with just one more. He said, “Btw, I really liked how your sodalite necklace matched your eyes last night. Quite beautiful.” That’s what I get for dating a geology major.
Ode really likes to throw out the race card during casual conversation. He says he’s comfortable with being black, and everybody should be comfortable with him being black too. So while we were at the apple orchard, His friend Steph and I knelt down to play with a family’s puppy which was so cute! Ode came over to play with the puppy too, and the puppy had black fur, so I asked Ode, “Oh, do you two get along really well?” 


You can imagine that a touchy topic like whether two people decide it they’re dating or not would probably be a conversation held face-to-face. But Ode asked me that question over a text. I had no idea where it was coming from, except that at the end of the question he said, “just for charity.” The night before, I had talked to him and a friend who was describing charity dating and how it works, so I put two and two together. Charity dating...that must be what Ode is up to! Well what a gentleman I thought, to ask me first. No. That child and his inability to proofread his texts meant that he intended to say clarity, and his phone sent charity. He said, “I’m not doing any dating charity, Silly.” Heh heh heh. Well, it’s a little funny I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment